Sunday, October 18, 2009

Today Seems to be the Day

Today seems to be the day!



Several people have asked me about writing a blog and I have had days when I wished I had a place to put thoughts that have rolled around in my mind way too long. So, one of my daughter's and I were together last week at a time when I had my lap top with me and WA LA! She had this up & going in mere minutes...proving both she and her sister right.



Each time during the past nearly a year that I mentioned a blog to either of them , I would leave with "Oh, that is so easy mom, it will only take a minute to get going!"ringing in my ears.



It did just take a minute but finding the minute took nearly a year!


I am a ponderer.




One reason writing my thoughts down in this way became appealing to me is my stage in life. This year I have entered my sixth decade of life. I am still becoming comfortable here in decade six. I realize that I am way past middle age. I do have older friends, but I have no friends who are 120! I want to write some things down so I can remember them!




I am a wife of forty years to an amazing, truly amazing husband. He still is the love of my life (right next to Jesus!)! He is my spiritual leader, he loves the Lord more than he loves me and that order just makes for great blessing! He is one of the funniest humans and almost daily we have reasons to laugh and laugh hard together!





I am mom to four wonderful children, Kelly, Becky, Sam & Andy. These four children have done so much right in their short amount of time on this earth. Each one has given their father and I so many reasons to be proud, but nothing has made us more proud than their choice of mates! Oh, my goodness how we love Randy, Tony, Emille and Jessica. We know we are most blessed. We love them and we love the families that raised them! Thank you, R&J, J&G,F&B and C&T for jobs well done!





The most pleasant task I have going in life is that of being a grandparent. I needed no training to become a grandparent. The minute I became one I was in head over heals over the top in love with number one and that has only multiplied with each new life introduced into our family. MJ & I are Paw & Precious to, at last count, ten precious g'kids! Talk about hearts over flowing. I will just list first names here b/c if I started talking about them it would be so hard to stop...Tori, Payton, Timothy, Bailey, Benjamin, Jonathan, Brylee, Lael, Eden & Caleb. I am sure posts about them at different times will occur. They are absolute delights!

Four plus one. Through a set of circumstances that none of would have ever orchestrated or desired the Lord wove into our family a very good gift. Tim. I am not his grandmother (he had the best of those!) and I a not his aunt, (His father was MJ's first cousin & best friend growing up.) I do not know the "name" of our relationship but I say "Thank you, Lord, for the gift!"Tim and Kelly were the same age,same school, same graduating class. He is thought of as brother and best of friends to K&R, B&T, S&E and J&J. He was the first to marry and he gave a all a glimpse of deep joy in Darcy! They have contributed also by depositing four fabulous offspring right down deep in our hearts. Which happens to make ten plus four!!!

(I am also the younger sister to two, "The Twins"! Oh, my -Oh my (that was one for each of them!!) they are amazing. These two sisters have made me aunt to some pretty amazing people that I love dearly!( Just so you can admire my parents, The Twin's were 2&1/2 when I was born.)





I live in the same city where I grew up, actually, I grew up on the eastside of Ft. Worth and I lived in the same house from 2nd grade until I married. Now we live in NRH. We have gone to the same church for 35 years. We have been in business at the same location for 30 years. MJ & I own cemetery plots in the same cemetery where my grandparents are buried, five miles from where I live right now!


Seems my earthly anchor does hold deeply in the north east side of Tarrant County! I do love this area where my earthly roots have grown so deep. I love my country. I am a patriot. I am a proud American who knows and loves American History. Events going on daily in my country are troubling to me. I am on a quest to do something to make a difference.





I am blest to be a part of a ministry, Come before Winter. I serve on the Leadership Team as well as the Board of Directors for CbW. I am blessed to work alongside a group of amazing women leaders who travel twice a year to hold Renewal's for women church leaders around the world. The renewals are five days of intensive Bible study, praise, prayer and fellowship. We are on our third tour around the world. In March we go to Paraguay and then to Thailand in June. Hopefully, I will amaze you with posts from around the world!




Each paragraph has been about who I am, where I live or what I am involved in but, that is a point to ponder to me. All of the above is nothing if I am not anchored in something bigger, better, deeper, higher than all of the above. My Anchor does hold, my anchor will hold. From Hebrews I love the phrase contained in a portion of verse 19 in chapter 6...We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure.


Jesus Christ is my Anchor.


Even my life is not about me, it is about Him. As I pondered this I realized what a "set me free" thought it is to me! It is a lot of pressure to think life is all about me.




As I close post #1, know that it took this form so both you and I can look back & remember who I am and where I am going and who holds me till I get there!

expect blessing

7 comments:

  1. Yes!! I have been asking Becky to ask you to start a blog for SO LONG! I love to hear your thoughts and know your opinion on many matters. I am beside myself to be the 1st one to comment on your very 1st post! I quote you often and look forward to learning more about you and our wonderful Savior in the posts to come!

    A very big fan of SJ,

    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad today is the day! I love reading your thoughts....and what treasures they will be for the generations to come! Love you mom! Keep it up! Tony was beside himself to hear you had started this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Suzy J! Wow, heard the news and it will be spreading fast and many will fall in line to comment on your ponderings!! And they will be a blessing to many as you are to me for over 15 years now!!

    I love you Suzy J!

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it and so you! I am now a loyal follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi 'Precious' friend,
    I love to listen (and now read) your heart. I look forward to your upcoming ponderings (is that a word?) with great joy and expectation!
    Love you dear one, ANN

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta say, the Twins never gave you enough credit!! It will be my delight to read your thoughts...only thing better is getting to hear you person to person. I hope you can talk MLJ into guest posting from time to time!
    Wouldn't that be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are definitely on the top of my list for being one of the Best Aunts Ever! Love you much!

    ReplyDelete