Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Virginia Jeffrey Clan Here I Come!

Well, I am just beside myself this morning!
I get to fly to Virginia to visit our eldest son and his ever so precious family! I can hardly wait! We last were with this clan for a week at Thanksgiving and we all would tell you, it was marvelous (ok, MJ would never use that word to describe the time but I know that is what he thought!). We were so thankful for that time, but we all knew it was not going to be long enough, and it wasn't.
I am happy that I get to go, and MJ will come tomorrow, but how I would love to pack in the Vaughn, Brooks & A,J & baby J for the trip. It blesses a mother's heart in a unique way to have all her adult children together. It is an over the top blessing to know that they all long to be together. One delightful memory from thanksgiving is the sound of uproarious (is that a word...it should be) laughter in the house, not hard to imagine, is it? They are all four funny, they married ones who love to laugh and being with each other kicks the humor up a notch or two. Oh my.

Better than the laughter was the wise counsel they shared with each other, the challenges issued and the prayers prayed for each other and for their parents.

So, here I go. I go carrying the family love to despense in VA. I will do my best job! I know Emille & the kids will pick me up. I am so excited about looking into the van and seeing three of the most precious faces ever. They will be smiling, saying, "Precious!" (If they are true to g'kid form they will say next, "Where is Paw???" I am so glad I am paired with him...they love him so and I get in on his card a good bit of the time! Sam will join us soon after and my VA joy will be complete!

I do have to go! I get to lead a Coffe Break Bible Study before I go! My goodness, this a blessed day!

3 comments:

  1. Go with God, my own little Precious, and had hugs from Aunt Vic to one and all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turn that had into an add...I guess they let you preview for a reason...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great trip. Living far from my parents and siblings makes me appreciate this all the more. I, too, long for the times we find ourselves all together. Praying already that my children will share that kind of bond. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete