Friday, March 4, 2011

What a week!

Well, you know I had a wonderful visit to Virginia...Sam, Emille, Bailey, Brylee, Caleb...how could it have been anything but wonderful!? Highlights everyday with that crew! I do not have the space or time to tell you how I love them! (Aren't you glad that I am not going to try!?)
Sunday we were so pleased to be there on a Sunday when SJ led the communion service. I know the Lord was pleased. I was thrilled. SJ is a spiritual man that has great ease speaking before a large group. You can feel the love that church family has for them.
On Monday S& Em had the idea for Em & I and the kids to ride the metro into DC to go through the National Archives. Sam would meet us there when he got off work. It is an amazing building to go through. Full of American History...original documents...pictures...talking history exhibits. The last we saw was in the rotunda, the orginal Declaration of Independence, Constitution and Bill of Rights.

The only frustration of the day was me loosing my cell phone! I fully expect to return some day and see it in a nice glass case, with a very good story about it being a very useful tool back in 2011! It will be sitting there with your phone number in it. (jk...we cancelled it very quickly)! I did find out that I had been way too proud of my address book! I am working my back though, I am up to four numbers. I do have both of my daughters numbers. I realize I have neither of my sons...wonder when they will call me???
Leaving VA is always a sad good by, but this time it was with a bit of added flair. Sam was getting my bags, Em was coming around to get into the drivers seat & I was bending over into the back of the van to kiss sweet Caleb good by...he and I both were a bit teary. I felt sweet Brylee stick her leg between mine & plant her leg on the floor, pinning mine next to the seat. and I heard the click...she had locked us in the car. She thought she had this one figured out! Her parents did a bit of straight talking and she opened the door. I loved it! Love those kids to pieces. (Also over the top love Tori, Timothy, Jonathan, Kadi, Payton, Benjamin, Eden and June that I left behind her in NRH!)

MJ and I are at the ranch this weekend waiting for three couples to come join us later this evening. . These three are a mentoring group that we are blessed to enjoy. I know the weekend will be a rich one, lots of getting to know each other better, a lot of outside time, time in the Word and whole lot of laughing! We love these kids...they are the age of our kids!

My Come before Winter team leaves next Friday for a renewal in Honduras. I am going to miss going with them. I know I am doing the right thing staying behind on this trip, but it is hard. I love each Come before Winter renewal and I love my team mates! Each renewal (and each team mate!!!) has its own uniqueness.

I have done quite a bit of rambling on this one...I will get back to my list next time!

2 comments:

  1. I will call soon so as to get my phone in your phone! I love your grandchildren one and all, but those Virginia kids feel the loss of family so intensely with each departure...I love their sweet hearts!!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The CbW team is sure to miss you also. I know I do.

    ReplyDelete