Saturday, October 24, 2009

I love what did I was able to do today! I know I am blessed!

I love teaching women, and today I was able to do that for a group in Graham Texas. It is a deep humbling joy to get to speak from the Word any time but today was particulary sweet - actually bitter sweet. I was to have taught with my favorite teaching partner.

She was called yesterday afternoon to the bedside of her precious father. It was good to bless her in her making the good, noble and only right decision, but I sure missed her today!

We had both looked forward to this day. We always love teaching together but this time was special to both of us. We had been asked to come by one of our dearest friends who had moved to Graham several years ago. After friend one moved to Graham another dear friend moved to this same town about a year later.

We delighted in our preparation even more than usual(we always love that time!)because, in addition to speaking for the Lord we were speaking to Susan and Stefani's new friends!

To me,the timing of the Lord is always an intersting subject to ponder. He was not taken off guard in the least by the two events coming together this week end.

I never doubt His timing but I do ponder it at times. I never doubt it, I do ponder it but I always trust it.

The day was not just a blessing but an incredible blessing.

1 comment:

  1. Blessings on Jamie at this stressful family time! I know you missed her, but you represented her, and the Lord, very well, I'm thinking.
    Would love to hear more details.

    Love you loads and forever and would write it in ink in your yearbook if only I had the chance!

    ReplyDelete