Thursday, February 10, 2011

Well, here I am...

Today is just a good sweet day for me! Time with family and friends going back over good good memories of ones in the family line that have gone before us. We come from a long line of really good people, people who invested both time and treasue in us. They spoke words of blessing, words of discipline and words of encouragement at just the right time during years when I am sure we made some days not all that pleasant for them.

Oh, I am so thankful for those good people. I am thankful for the way they loved each other, loved their country and loved their Lord. I love the way they communicated their love to us.

Pondering the ones who have gone before in the family line sure does cause me to want to pick up and play the best game I have for the ones following after me! (I had that thought inspired in a conversation with one of my sons yesterday...hope to let you know more about those thoughts later.) I do not want my life to be a distraction to ones following me in life.

I want to say a great big more than thank you to my niece,Valerie Goode, serving in the Peace Corp in Bulgaria, who heard of my great need of a blog update and voi-la here one was!!!! She is an amazing woman and we all love her her so and miss her so much that typing this makes my eyes fill with tears of longing to see her beautiful sweet face!

More later...

2 comments:

  1. I so love you Suzy Jeffrey.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss yall so much too! Five more months! And I'm so excited you're going to start updating again... :)

    ReplyDelete